The Baby Brain Score (BBS) is a screening tool that measures neonatal neurophysiology. It is an effective method of manually checking the brain function of a newborn. If there is neurological compromise, Craniosacral Fascial Therapy (CFT) in the first few minutes of life can help correct the structural effects of fetal and birth traumas. CFT can prevent many diseases from appearing later in life and, more importantly, promote optimum cognitive brain function.
The two principles behind the BBS/CFT:
- Craniosacral motion: The brain needs to breathe. It has to expand and contract smoothly to function correctly.
- Fascial (connective tissue) restriction: The fascia has to be free for the body to function optimally.
The benefits of the BBS/CFT:
When parents naturally add love, good nutrition, and exercise to the newborn equation, the BBS/CFT possibilities can become endless:
- It can create a happy and content baby. This results in a happy mom, dad, siblings, extended family, and friends.
- It can create excellent infant neurological function. The Family Hope Center reports that children in their infant program have reached their neurological developmental milestones 30% faster than the standard child.
- It can facilitate the ability to latch on and prevent sucking and swallowing difficulties, colic, reflux, gas, digestive issues, constipation, poor napping, general distress, stridor, torticollis, pyloric stenosis, and clubfoot.
- It can result in parents being sufficiently rested to provide quality care for the infant and other children as well as being able to function well in other aspects of life.
- It can result in structural immunity later as a toddler, where physical trauma has little or no effect on her/his structural health.
- It can prevent childhood diseases like asthma, headache, ADHD, learning disorders, and other conditions.
- It can create a neurological learning environment where focus, concentration, memory, thinking, and other cognitive functions can be maximized at school.
- Finally, it can result in a child who can be the best he/she can be for his/her entire life.
BBS/CFT for the scientific mind:
A medical article about the BBS was published in The Internet Journal of Pediatrics and Neonatology 2010: Volume 11 Number 2, a peer-reviewed medical journal. The article is called “A Research Proposal Evaluating the Effectiveness of the Brain Score and Craniosacral Fascial Therapy for Neonates.” It discusses how the effects of a difficult pregnancy, an arduous labor, the use of forceps/vacuum suction, a Caesarian section, the umbilical cord wrapped around the throat/body, and other traumas can impair the function of the newborn’s brain and spinal cord.
Fetal and birth trauma can cause diseases from serious brain injury including autism, cerebral palsy, and epilepsy, to less severe nervous system diseases such as ADHD, strabismus, and reading (dyslexia) and speech disorders, to the more common pediatric illnesses of colic, esophageal reflux, constipation, digestive issues, nursing issues, sleeping issues, asthma, earache, headache, rhinitis, neck ache, jaw pain, and scoliosis.
Our goal is to eventually have the BBS/CFT in use worldwide for every birth. We also foresee the mother-to-be having CFT before conception to ensure better hormonal function, less strain in pregnancy, an easier birth, and better overall health for the newborn. We feel that these two steps will promote happiness and peace to the planet.